|Volunteer Application: Compassionate Pet Sanctuary, Inc. - Central Valley Division
|Questions marked by * are required.
||First Name & Last Name *
||Street Address, City, State & Zip Code *
||Home Phone (xxx) xxx-xxxx
||Cell Phone (xxx) xxx-xxxx
||Are you volunteering to get credit for school (elementary, high school, college)? *
||Driver's License Number
||What is your occupation?
||I am interested in (check all that apply) *
- Fostering - Open your home to a rescued dog/puppy or cat/dog, drop off the dog/puppy or cat/kitten at adoption events at Petsmart Sisk Rd with an adoption partner on Fridays & Saturdays 1pm drop off with a 7pm pick up (if you are unable to make all days please talk with let us know), and provide care while they are in your home. All medical needs will be taken care of by a Compassionate Pets Sanctuary.
- Picture Taking – During Adoption Event Hours on Friday and/or Saturday between the hours of 1pm-7pm come down to Petsmart on Sisk Rd and take pictures of the cats, kittens, dogs, & puppies available for adoption along with their cage card. Then send the pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org in order (cage card – then pet) so they can be added to Adopt a Pet and have a greater chance of finding their forever homes!
- Adoption Events Helpers – Events are held every Friday & Saturday 1pm-7pm (help is needed any time during the adoption events). Handle dogs & cats, help dogs and cats meet their potential adopters, answer questions about adoptions from Compassionate Pets, help with other misc. tasks needed to run an event. Walk dogs. Show up any time and let the Adoption Event Volunteer Coordinator know you are there to volunteer.
- Adoption Event Setup – Meet our Adoption Event Coordinator at Petsmart on Sisk Rd in Modesto on Thursday evening at 6:30pm to setup tables, pens, and crates for the weekends adoption events.
- Adoption Event Break Down – Meet our Adoption Event Coordinator at Petsmart on Sisk Rd in Modesto on Saturday evening at 7:00pm to help break down and put away tables, pens, and crates.
- Cage Cleaning - Sing up for evening cage cleaning shifts at Petsmart on Sisk Rd. Cleaners are needed for Sunday – Saturday. Monday – Thursday any time between 4:30pm – 7pm, Friday – Saturday anytime between 3pm – 5:30pm (note: (Saturday's are deep cleaning day – everything changed out) , Sunday any time between 1:30pm – 4:30pm. It usually takes about 1 hours for cleaning, with the exception of Saturday 2-3 hours. This includes sweeping out cages, scooping out littler pans, refill water & food, sweep the floor, and anything else that needs to be done to keep all parts of the room clean & tidy.
- Cat - Park Feeder (Geer Rd, Hughson) – Sign up for Sunday – Saturday to help feed feral and tame cats that are located at park in Hughson. Compassionate Pet Sanctuary will provide the food, unless you would like to provide food to feed the cats. There are over 150+ cats that need feeding which includes giving the cats dry food and fresh water.
- Cat - Trapping (Geer Rd, Hughson) – This is part of our TNR program for the cats in Hughson. We are putting together teams of trappers to trap cats throughout the week. Compassionate Pet Sanctuary will provide you with humane cat traps. You trap non-ear-tipped cats and bring them to the shelter located on Crows Landing in Modesto so the cats can be spayed/neutered. The cats will be released by Compassionate Pet Sanctuary or the Humane Society during the week.
- Park Cleaners (Geer Rd, Hughson) – we need help with cleaning up the park where Compassionate Pet Sanctuary is responsible for feeding and doing TNR. There will be a park clean up at least 1 Saturday each month.
- Cat – Shopping Center Feeder (Sisk Rd, Modesto) – Sign up for Sunday – Saturday to help feed feral and tame cats that are located behind the Target/Petsmart/Ross shopping center on Sisk Rd in Modesto Compassionate Pet Sanctuary will provide the food, unless you would like to provide food to feed the cats. There are over 60+ cats that need feeding which includes giving the cats dry food and fresh water.
- Cat - Trapping (Sisk Rd, Modesto) – This is part of our TNR program for the cats in the Target/Petsmart/Ross. We are putting together teams of trappers to trap cats throughout the week. Compassionate Pet Sanctuary will provide you with humane cat traps. You trap non-ear-tipped cats and bring them to the shelter located on Crows Landing in Modesto so the cats can be spayed/neutered. The cats will be released by Compassionate Pet Sanctuary or the Humane Society during the week.
- Fundraising – come up with various fundraising ideas to help raise funds for spay/neuter, medical supplies, adoption event supplies, food, toys, and other various funds to help our animals get what they need.
||If you selected "Foster" above, what would you like to foster?
||If you selected "Foster" above, please let us know about your current pets (1) Name, (2) Age, (3) Breed, (4) Are they up to date on shots?, (5) Are they spayed/neutered?, (6) Please describe their temperament.
||Please tell us how you heard about Compassionate Pet Sanctuary - Central Valley Division. *
||Have you ever volunteered with a rescue before? If so, which one and what did you do? *
||Why do you want to volunteer? *
||Emergency Contact Person (1) Name, (2) Relationship, (3) Phone Number. *
||By typing my name below I understand that my information will never be disseminated to anyone outside of our rescue database, with a limited amount of people who have access to it. If you are under 18 years of age a photo copy of your parent’s drives licenses is required as well as a note providing authorization to volunteer with Compassionate Pet Sanctuary – Central Valley Division. *